Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Trying to get out of the Rut

So I've been in a rut. I've been in one a long time now and I have made many attempts to get out of it but so far I have failed. These things happen and it is hard to break habits. It is even harder when you don't have people around to call you on things like bullshit. So now I am going to try this again and this time I think I can make it work. I've decided to start making weekly scheduals for myself. I'll do it on sundays plan out my week set some goals then at then end of the week I will see where I stand in terms of meeting my goals and what not. At the end of the month I will restart my months in review. I hope this will allow me to manage my time a little better and that I can help focus more on things I really want to do rather than things I just sort of end up doing.

There are four major things I want to be doing more of:
1) NA25
2) General Fiction
3) TLC Lectures
4) Video Games

These are complicated by several minor things:
1) Shadow Run Prep
2) Chores
3) Physical/Mental exhaustion
4) Social life

So I figgure by setting goals changing things around and working twords things I'll be able to get and keep enough momentum going so that I'll be able to pull myself up by my bootstraps and get back on track. This is going to be a long process. It certainly isn't going to happen overnight and it definitly won't happen in the next three months. I think that if I can keep this weekly thing going for at least 6 months I will be ready to progress with my life again.

I have some serious inner crap to defeat and I've come a long fucking way in the last 5 years I really have. Now I just need to get over this last little bit and I will be home.

So for all of this I was considering buying a daily planner. However, then I realized that I have a damn computer and acess to a photocopier and that there is no reason to buy something like that. Good heavens. Hell I think I can even use the printer at work. Okay then so a new plan!

We will be doing the weekly plan on saturday night and then printing/photocopying it on sunday. This should work, at the very least I can get it printed and the lastest I will photocopy it will be monday or so.

The idea behind photocopying it is so that I will have it posted in multiple areas around my house and personal space. If I gotta see it everywhere I will have a harder time avoiding it.

To start with I am not going to go with a rigid schedual. I'll just come up with a list of goals for the week and block out the days I am busy. And then the plan will fall into place on its own. This way if something unexpected happens on any given day I can be ready for it. The other challange is to make it so that I don't end up over scheduled and annoyed but I don't want to be so underschedualed that nothing happens.

I'll get it though! This will happen one way and the other. I am actually really optimistic and excited about making this happen and even if it all falls apart well then at least I will have been busy for a couple of months.

No comments: