Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Well that was short lived

Man my neck hurts. Not the point of this post though. I for about a half hour, had a twitter account. I then decided to delete it.

I looked around it, poked around some famous people's feeds, and some feeds of my friends and I realized a few things. Twitter is about communication. People do comunicate on it rather well. When people communicate to each other it is a lot like slow motion instant messaging. And yet there is something ever so disingenuous about it. Maybe it is the format.

I don't know. There is a lot to be said for constraint though. I love haikus, I still think sonnets have something to offer the world, and writting under rediculous sets of rules is fun for me. And yet...yet...something just seems so fantasticly off about twitter.

I think part of it boils down to the fact that I want to know what my friends are doing and what they are interested in and how everything works. But I would like to be communicated to in chunks larger than 160 charecters ever couple of hours. It is handy for lots of things, but not for what I need.

Disapointment.

Oh well. I think I just prefer blogging. And reading other people's blogs. Of course just about no one I know blogs anymore so whatev.

1 comment:

blogger said...

I like haikus too
been meaning to contact you
hope you're well. love, Deb