Tuesday, June 2, 2009

DS Lite Repair

This is just a happy little over hold over post for information reasons. See now the hinge broke on my DS . This involves a large amount of both sadness and annoyance on my part. The DS is essentially unplayable in its current condition. So I have three choices.

1) Repair it as it
2) Repair it and sell it back to eb games for a new one
3) Put on a new face plate.

It occures to me now that this was an annoying way to frame this problem. No matter. This leads to all sorts of awesome cool possiblities. Chiefly amongst them is bricking my ds. However this is the way I look at it. I ended up paying 20 bucks for my ds. If I fix it, it will look like this:


See badass red that's what I like to call it. Or something like it. I was considering metalic pink, as well as just normal pink...and there was this bright as fuck yellow that seemed nice too. But nope I'll be sticking with this one.

Now for instructional videos!



The nice thing about this video is that it gives me the other resources I need to do it and things to worry about! Woo alrighty that shit is going to happen in a couple of weeks from now when I get my replacements parts from hong motherfucking kong. Stupid china.

No comments: