Friday, October 8, 2010

Something else

...I am not sure what though. Man it has been a long time since I've really had the oppertunity to just sit and write. I've not been getting home until 10pm at night which is to late to go to books a million, hell it is to late to go to the grocery store. There also isn't really an end in sight so it looks like this is just going to be the way it is for awhile. I am not sure how I feel about it. Part of me just wants to jump ship, but the part of me that wants to jump ship is a voice that is attached to a MUCH bigger issue that I will deal with in my own time. Right now it is just one of those things that happens from time to time in every job, especially the crap ones. It isn't a big deal but it does require changes. Like I don't think I'll be able to continue running Mutants and Masterminds. This really disapoints me because I just cleared the decks with a major event, reset the scene, and I was ready to go back at it, full steam ahead. Now... because of work I am dead in the water. Recently, I've been so tired when l get home that I can't even tank in city of heroes...so I've been doing other things.

I would love to go back to mutants and masterminds though. I really like the setting I came up with and all sorts of other things. I hate the game system though and I am thinking of just homebrewing something. Most of the nuts and bolts are okay but the damage system is aweful, especially when you factor in how rediculously cheap regeneration is. Really, it isn't a flaw in the basic design so much as it is just part of the problem with the d20 system. You can literally make everything you want with that game system and it can support many many styles of play. However, having ONE BIG villian that poses a credible threat is really hard mostly because you are either bruised or knocked out. There isn't really a whole lot of stuff inbetween.

Oh well so I might homebrew up the damage. I was going to take a break in November anyway for national novel writting month cause that is important to me and I wanna do it again. I am going to resuse the idea I had from my first aborted attempt because...well I really really liked it. Also I mean I lost it in a data transfer acident. I was a good halfway there and then, all gone. I don't really see it as cheating I don't think I am going to reuse any of the same scenes from last time, and I certainly am not going to be resuing the actual files. Just the ideas. OR! I did want to do a serialized fiction thing. I still want to do a serialized fiction thing. I know evan did one for quite a bit and it was pretty impressive. I still want to do this. So what I might do is use NANO to get a jump on it. This means I wouldn't publish it in my blog as I went. Instead I would keep them and then just edit them up a bit before posting them. Then I could make a schedual of one or two additional episodes a week leaving me WAY ahead prolly long after I loose interest in it. I might do that. I'll think about it.

Unit whenever.

No comments: