Saturday, December 25, 2010

It Is Apparently Christmas

That is all I am going to say about that. I am at work, no one else is here, and I am just waiting for dishes to come back so I can do them and go home. I have to be here at 6:30 tomarrow. I volunteered for this as it was strictly optional but I have grown to like working the morning shift on Sundays. There is this certain blissful liberating feeling of looking out over the dish area, seeing that it looks compleatly like shit and just walking away without a care in the world. I like that. Granted it messes up my sleep schedual something fierce and I usually end up passing out at around 5 and waking up at 9 or so but meh it is okay.

I don't really have anything to say though. So you can stop reading here. I was going to compare the evolution of the pokemon series to the evolution of mmos, paticularly how polish and quality of life improvements always seem to accompany a lack of in game challenges. However, spending any amount of time on a game that has a flaming poop monkey just seems like something that isn't going to happen. Also I am not fucking joking about the flaming poop monkey that shit is real. For anyone who is curious the new pokemon game is really good and well worth picking up when it comes out over here. I like it!

I watched the whole first season of Boardwalk Empire over the course of two days. What a good show. I am not so sure I want to see the downfall of Nookie Thomson but whatever, I'll get over it. If he does go down compleatly, and I don't see how he can't at this point, I wonder if they are going to continue on with the show or just move on. The prohibition officer is definitly one of my favorite charecters of all time and he is just as terrifying as the priest from Carnival. In fact should they ever decide to reboot or recontinue that series I would demand that casting change to be met. He is born for that role and the just stuck him in Boardwalk Empire instead, how weird!

Skippy Dies is something that I am more than half way through with. It is strange because other than the death of skippy I litterally have no fucking clue what the hell is going to happen next in that book. I mean I have some general ideas but not a whole lot. I would like to reiderate that this would be an increadbily fun book to write papers on or about. Hell the book itself is a great deal of fun and it manages to hit really close to home with me but without pushing a whole lot of buttons or setting me off. That is pretty impressive too because I can be rather volitile this time of year. It is an impressivly fun book and I am still glad it is happening to me.

Oh and I saw Black Swan! And my goodness was that ever worth seeing. That movie is a mindfuck in a half! Great fun all around. Go see it. The other day someone actually complained that the smurf movie being set in new york city was lazy storytelling and of low intelectually value. At that point I wanted to reach through the internet, bitchsmack the person a dozen times while yelling it is the mother fucking smurfs they excist to sell fucking toys. Shut up shut up shut up. However it was around christmas so I decided not to. Tomarrow though if it is still bothering me I will go and make my displeasure about that paticular comment known.

Hrm I am almost out of time, I am not sure what else to say. This year was a pretty mixed back. When you tally up all the good and bad they pretty much equal out. However, when it is all said and done the year as a whole was pretty sedate. Not complaining, life is a turbulant place and there were some definite upheavals but there were also long moments of relaxation and joy. I am very lucky to have the friends I do. We went to see Black Swan! That makes them>you.

Kk I am going to go labor for love now.

No comments: