Friday, February 27, 2009

6 to the left of

Ahem. Its been awhile since I've done this, or maybe not. Either way it has been long enough so that I feel justified in saying its been awhile. So I got this walmart gift card for christmas. I hate going to walmart. I never buy anything in any quanity to make it worthwhile going to that horrible store. It is always crowded after or before work. And whatever it's fucking walmart the place sucks. I ended up gettin an 8gb memory card from there though. With my psp dead I need a new source of audio entertainment for my car. Looks like the DS is getting drafted. ALso with 8gb I'll be able to use it for all sorts of crazy things. I'm pretty much massivly excited. Woo!

So I've decided to do two things at the same time. One I decided to play Kingdom of Loathing again after a really long absence. that I don't understand myself. Man I like that game. Its also so strange. People put more work into playing that game than anything I've ever seen before in my entire life. It is increadble the amount of time and energy people put into dissecting ever aspect of the game just to figgure out how it works. That's fine. What's even cooler is that the game developers cater to this mindset in dozens of diffrent ways. For example every summer they have an event where a puzzle is released and pretty much the whole community works together and tires to solve it, together. It is pretty epic, I mean the forums get flooded, there are large debates acrost some of the chat channles, the whole community works together. The end reward? Is usually something of dubiouse value. That's alright it isn't the reward, it is the puzzle. There is a life and vibrancy to that game's community that just doesn't excitst on the interwebs in many other places. OH OH it also has moderated chat rooms. YES let me say that a fucking gain, moderated chat rooms. If you don't know why this is a big deal go get a 15 day trial of WOW, now roll horde and go the the Barrens. You will understand why the idea of moderated chatrooms has me shitting with joy.

I also decided that I wasn't going to play non KOL video games for awhile. Why? Well the main problem I have with video games is that they produce nothing. It takes 40 hours to beat your average rpg. In 40 hours I could read over 5 books, do tons of writting, paint a warhammer army, learn something new, touch up old skillz, and so many other things. So I am giving up video games for a bit so that when I start playing them again they won't dominate my life like they had been doing.

I am very sleepy

I might just fuck off early tonight.

Well I feel like painting warhammer mans for a bit so I am off.

No comments: