Sunday, February 28, 2010

Well I am Glad that is Fucking over and done with

Okay seriously, SERIOUSLY that was one of the worst weeks I've had in a long time. It wasn't so much that anything happened or even that I got depressed. Instead I was in a great mood that was slowly pecked to death by thousands of tiny annoyances that just sort of wore me down and more or less crippled me. Essentially, this is what happened. My lenses on my glasses got scratched pretty badly. I am not even very sure as to how it happened but it totally did and that's lame. Okay. As a result I started getting really nasty eye strain headaches. In general eye strain headaches are just long dull throbbing pain that is focused around the eyes, the more you use your eyes the worse it gets. They also make you feel really tired because all you wanna do is just close your eyes. Okay fine. This sucks. This also started last Friday, so I figgure I'd tough it out, wait a bit, get my eyes examined on my day off.

That...well that didn't happen. See Eyeglass world used to be walk in get your eyes checked and be done with it. I like going to them, they are open 7 days a week and they don't cost an arm and a leg. Well no I needed to make an appointment, for Friday. I went in on Tuesday early afternoon. I was not happy about this. See I couldn't read, and I can't write, movies started to hurt my head after awhile, so that leaves low impact computer games.

This is also the week that my computer became crippled by a virus. I still don't know where it came from, which offends me. I don't mind getting viruses I mean I consider it part of the territory. I do like to know where they came from though. No dice. So I back some things up wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows. I didn't have to do this. But by the time I had gotten rid of the virus my operating system was in shambles and it would of taken more time to fix than would of been worth it.

Throughout all of this I had eye strain headaches that were getting steadly worse as the week went on. These headaches made me distracted and even more abscent minded than usual so I would be constantly leaving things places or loosing things. For those of you who know me well, loosing things causes me to genuinely freak out. So while my computer was down my baby laptop became reduced to a paperweight because I had lost the charger cable. Charger cables are expensive holy fuck. I was looking around at buying a replacement and jesus, 40-100 bucks. It turns out I left it at Books a Million.

So I couldn't use my back up computer to help me back things up or to look up solutions to my problem. Awesome.

Then moving back onto my computer began. First I had to wrest control of my computer back away from Vista and into my hands. Then I began redownloading all the things I need, which is actually a lot of shit and nothing was working right at first. Like my computer wouldn't recognize my cable modem. Okay fine I'll just go download one...FUCK. So I had to actually go down to the Cox digital media place and ask them for a driver disk. Once that was overcame I started installing things left and right, and then it came time for the windows up date. Yeah an 8 gig download that would take forever because microsoft servers are slow. So I start it before I go to bed at night. Before I leave for work the next day it is still chugging along. I come home from work and it has progressed exactly 5% and there is a dialouge box explaining that windows had just downloaded new printer drivers and if I wanted to get the full Lexmark printer experience then I would need to download their special software. It stopped my entire fucking download for that? Seriously? This is about the point where I started cracking up. Then Feast of Boris happened in KOL, I had it set aside where I would be able to do over 200 adventures, mid hardcore on feast of boris. I spent an entire week setting that up. But because of my computer problems, getting off work late, and server lag I didn't get to spend any adventures on FOB. Not only that but I ended up wasting 60 adventures or so.

Whatever, basicly something I was looking foward to and planning for didn't fucking happen for stupid reasons. Oh and there is still the pain.

Its now sunday. I have my new lenses. I have the cord to my baby lap top. I have resighned to not visiting sasha next week, my eyes need another day of rest then they should be fine, my stomach really hurts, and I am just unable to maintain a good mood anymore.

So big black cloud activate. It should hang around for a couple of days then fuck off. In the mean time I will play dungeon fighters a lot and generally relax. Unless some more stupidity happens, in which case I will send it directly to fucking hell. Like this stomach thing going on, it better be messed up because of the fact that it is a stomch and it does things like that and it better have nothing to do with the stomach virus going around.

No comments: